I Tried The Korean Skincare Routine For 2 WeeksSkin Concerns Large Pores, Acne-Prone

I Tried The Korean Skincare Routine For 2 WeeksSkin Concerns Large Pores, Acne-Prone

I look terrifying right now. "I Tried The Korean Skin Care Routine For Two Weeks" Hi, my name's Alistair Chew I'm 22, I'm Chinese-Singaporean, and I am a student here in New York City. So my biggest skin concern is that I generally have pretty oily skin and I have large pores so especially during the summer and stuff my skin is prone to breakouts especially when I'm under stress but right now with it being- just transitioning into winter and I'm about to do a lot of travel, my skin actually gets quite dry and quite itchy on airplanes and stuff. This is a great sheet mask to use Have you used sheet masks before? I have done one penguin sheet mask but that's about it.

But it helps control sebum sebum which is excess oil, right and then also if you have any breakouts, it actually shrinks it overnight. Cool. So my current skin care routine I actually adopted from being in the Singapore military, they gave us a free face wash that I've used until this day so that's been almost four years and it essentially just helped me get camo off of my face after a field mission, and so I just stuck with it because if it's going to get camo off my face, it's going to get other things too, right? This one also uses egg whites so it's going to help you with pores and pore tightening. And this is a foam cleanser because you just want to wash off any water-based debris, that includes sweat and other dirt.

So this is just to make sure that your skin is extra clean. You know, egg whites go in everything- in drinks, and omelettes, and so why not face wash? Joining this skin care journey, I just thought it'd be kind of a fun experiment to see how my skin would react to different things and maybe at the end of this I'll get a new skin care routine out of it. This is also by Skinfood it's a black sugar scrub Cool If you just take it and smell it It uses actual black sugar in there and just scoop a little bit out, and then just apply it to your face, basically. Not right now.

Well, my expectations going into this journey is just to kind of keep an open mind and see how these different products affect my skin and whether, I kind of get over some of the small things that I've been a little reserved about regarding my skin care. Hey, so it's Day 1 of my Soko Glam Korean skin care regimen I'm really excited, let's give things a go. So first off, I'm going to be using the oil-based cleanser It really does feel like it's getting out a lot of dirt though, so that's really nice. So I'm just adding a little bit of lukewarm water to my face, and we'll see this get milky, apparently.

Oh yeah, that is uh- that is a milky consistency. Okay, next up, I think I'm going to be doing the Egg White Pore Foam I may have used a little too much but we'll see Yeah, that's definitely too much. I'm going to be doing my new moisturizer that is, this the aloe one which, I really enjoy the smell of aloe so this should be exciting pat it into my face and that is actually really soothing it's actually very nice. Doing exactly what I'd expect the aloe in it to do.

Hey, it is Day 4 and I'm actually wrapping up my day, it's about 5:30PM, but I'm flying to Singapore tonight. I'm headed to Singapore and Bangkok just to kind of see some family and friends for the holidays, which I'm really excited about I will see you guys on the other side of the planet! It is about 93 degrees fahrenheit here in Bangkok, with 70 percent humidity so it's not winter here. Hey there, it's Day 6 I finally made it home to Bangkok it took about 30 hours from when I left New York between airplans, and airports, and finally making it here As I mentioned earlier, my skin still feels really good, surprisingly, it didn't get oily, it didn't get too dry, which was a big shocker for me. I have the Black Sugar Face Scrub on right now which I've only done twice and I know I'm not supposed to do it too often but I think it is my favorite product It smells really great, it feels really great you can actually feel it like, getting the impurities out The more I scrub I can see and feel all of the dead skin and all of the dirt coming out which is really great.

("Love On Top" by Beyonc playing) Hey guys, it's Day 11 or 12 I'm not sure anymore, actually I'm a little worse for wear right now it's about 7AM. But, actually a bunch of people told me my skin looks really good while we were dancing and out clubbing and I guess I'm going to take that as a big win. It is Day 12, I think My skin's feeling really great, I will say that, because I think Southeast Asia's so humid my skin- it gets a little sweatier, a little oilier and I have noticed that it is still good, but not as good as it is in New York once I've been using the Soko Glam products. So that's about it for now, I'll catch up with you guys in a bit.

So my skin actually feels a lot softer and it also feels, like healthier, more firm Like, some people have told me my skin looks brighter and cleaner and that's something I've definitely recognized as well throughout the process. So the first time I tried the full routine I would say that it was definitely a lot I was so used to using just one cleanser just in the shower, like every morning, every night before I leave the house or come home The first time I did it, I actually had to call someone at Soko Glam, and ask them like what order to do things again, because I had forgotten by the time I'd gone home So I wrote it down, and I labeled each bottle on the bottom, with like, a marker So, when I first got to Bangkok the air in Bangkok is really unhealthy the buildings are built really close together there's a lot of pollution, so I felt like I was breaking out pretty much right away On top of that, I'd just been on a plane for about 30 hours So I put on the sheet mask I think the first night I was in Bangkok and within the next day, I felt like my pimples had started clearing up already. The first time I saw my mother, actually she commented on how healthy my skin looked and I was a little taken aback 'cause she's not one to give compliments easily. The products themselves I think did a really good job at keeping that in check, but there was like I said, a two-day adjustment period when I got to each place but, I think at the end of the day the routine was something that helped ground my days, which was really nice to have So I definitely think I'll be continuing certain parts of the routine I think, at the end of the day, doing 7, 8 products At a small time, didn't seem like too much, but over time it kind of added up and I felt myself a little bit dreading doing it twice a day, so I definitely think there are products that I really enjoyed that I'll definitely keep with but I felt like some of the products weren't really for me.

So at the end of every skincare campaign, we do a hashtag that summarizes your experience so in one hashtag, how would you describe your experience? #BoyBeauty. Yaaaas. Keep that in there too!.

No comments:

Post a Comment